Sunday, October 13, 2013

Letter to Zuri-- Rachel


Dear Zuri,

      I must start off by saying that I have no advice or magical words to give you-nothing I say can fix the world you are living in. The only real words I have for you are words of gratitude and thanksgiving. I don’t know you and I am sure I have little in common with you but you have changed me.
     When things get tough and you feel alone it is easy to think that you are insignificant or have no impact on the world. It is easy to feel helpless and fade into the background. You must know that as little as it may seem you have impacted my world. You have made me think things and do things I never dreamed I could. I have been on autopilot or safe mode for a long time but it is something in your words, in your story that has woken me up. As I look around I don’t see fear and pain, I see life and abundance. I see choice and hope. I hear myself saying, “Maybe I can,” instead of,  “No I won’t!”
     So next time you are feeling sad or alone or insignificant know that I am thinking of you and thanking you for waking me up.

                                                                                    With a grateful heart,
                                                                                            Rachel


No comments: